The North-west Christchurch Kiwanis Club has been busy in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
1. BLIND COLLECTION – members assisted with the annual collection at New World Northwood.
2. OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD A shoebox outreach, with Kiwanis members making up and delivering 18 boxes to the container for transporting.
3. CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PARTY Assistance given on both the Friday set up and Saturday party, helping towards the success of this special day held at Horncastle Arena. Every child received a “teddy-reindeer” as they passed through Santa’s Grotto. Roger proved that even big kids can enjoy a cuddle!
4. TERRIFIC KIDS Five schools have participated during this year. A huge thank you to Ian and Marg Kinley for the great work they do with this very important project.
5. CYSTIC FIBROSIS CRICKET MATCH was held at Christchurch Boys High School, Straven Road on Sunday 11 December. Kiwanis members cooked sausages and parked VIP cars.